TNW Networks Corp. (“TNW”) and its subsidiaries or affiliates want its customers to feel secure and confident in today’s business environment respecting the information our customers provide to us. Below we outline the standards we strive to maintain.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information about an “identifiable individual” including information regarding ethnic background, religion, marital status, medical, employment, and education. Information published publicly such as listed telephone number, address and name is not considered to be personal information.
Why is Personal Information Required?
In order for TNW Networks to provide service we request some personal information such as the age name, address, and Social Insurance Number of the person applying for service. Although, TNW Networks may request a person’s Social Insurance Number, they are under no obligation to provide such information. This is information is used to verify if the you or the customer is of legal age, and meets our credit requirements. Such information is also used to provision, maintain, and bill TNW Network sservices. Provision of a Social Insurance Number is optional.
Basic Principles for the Protection of Personal Information
TNW Networks recognizes the importance of managing and maintaining the security of personal information of our customers and employee in our custody. Our staff is trained in the handling of confidential information ranging from the collection of, response to questions and concerns, and the use of such information.
Sharing of Personal Information
TNW Networks will not share personal information with any other company except as permitted by law or unless TNW Networks has obtained written consent to do so.
TNW Networks asks our customers only for such information as is needed to provide and maintain services. Information collected is used to
- initiate and maintain a service relationship
- invoicing, accounting, and security administration; and
- to promote TNW Networks products and additional services.
We will obtain the individual’s express consent to the collection of personal information that we require. Express consent may be given verbally or in writing, including by electronic means. Consent may also be withdrawn by our customers subject to any applicable legal limitations, by contacting us at the address noted below Customers should note however that withdrawal of consent previously obtained may inhibit TNW’s ability to provide products or services to the Customer.
TNW Networks will only collect personal information from you if you voluntarily provide it and if required for the purposes noted above. There are different modes of giving and collecting different kinds of information:
- Examples of this type of information includes information about products and service subscriptions and usage, but does not include information such as a public telephone directory listing of your name, address and listed telephone number. Personal information may be obtained from our customers verbally, in writing or electronically.
- An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a special address that is assigned to each computer connected to the internet, it is the standard by which computers talk to each other over the internet. When you visit the TNW Networks web site we collect some information about the way that you use the web site. When the TNW Networks web site is visited we collect your IP Address so that we know where to send the requested information, however, the IP address does not identify you personally.
- When you browse the TNW Networks web site, our servers collect certain information about your visit, but not about you personally. TNW Networks collects information like what pages are visited, what content is downloaded, the type of web browser you used, and the level of encryption that is supported by your browser. TNW Networks uses such information to monitor statistics, such as: which pages are being visited, which sections of our site are most frequented, and how many people visit and return to our site. This information is collected to determine how we can improve on our site and no individual personal information is collected.
What are Cookies and how does TNW NetworksUse Them?
Personal information in TNW’s custody shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than the purposes for which the information was collected or use reasonably consistent with such purposes, unless consent has been given for such new uses. The exception to this commitment is where the use is authorized by law or where disclosure is as required by law. Other than where required or authorized by law TNW Networks will seek written consent to disclosure of personal information. If TNW Networks finds it necessary to transfer personal information in our possession to a third party such as contracted agents involved in the delivery of installation and repair services to our customers or agents involved in the collection of customer accounts for TNW Networks or supplying TNW Networks with credit information about a customer, the transfer of such information is completed according to a contractual relationship with the third party recipient to ensure those in receipt of the information maintain the confidentiality of such transferred information.
Information will be held only as long as it is required to fulfill service obligations. Once information is no longer required it is to be disposed of or made anonymous.
TNW Networks uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up to date.
Information is safeguarded against loss, theft and unauthorized access according to the sensitivity of information.
Information regarding TNW’s policies and practices relating to personal information is made available to individuals upon request by contacting us at the address noted below.
Individuals or customers may want to review or verify personal information held by TNW. There may be a minimal charge to obtain the information requested. In some instances personal information will not be disclosed such as:
- If it contains references to other persons
- It is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
- It contains TNW Networks confidential information
- It has been destroyed due to legal requirements or because TNW Networks no longer needed to retain the information for the purposes for which it was collected
- It is too costly to retrieve
- It cannot be disclosed for legal reasons
Should TNW Networks be unable to provide access to personal information an explanation will always be provided.
Protection of Children On-Line
TNW Networks asks that minors do not submit any personal information to us. Our services are only available to individuals who can form legally binding contracts. TNW Networks does not use web sites to intentionally collect or use a child’s personal data.
Links to Other Web sites
Updating the Policy
TNW Networks strives to stay up to date and be current with issues concerning our customer’s privacy interests. TNW Networks may update or modify this Policy from time to time to meet the demands of ever changing technology and Customer expectations, so please review the Policy periodically.
TNW Networks Corp.
1210-200 Granville St,
Vancouver BC V6G 1A5